The Program Manager, Emergency Preparedness reports to the Senior Director Public Safety & Emergency Management. This position is responsible for managing the Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority (CMTA) Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), all emergency functions in the Security and Emergency Preparedness Plan (SEPP), and coordinating all emergency preparedness training and operations with all public safety partners in the Capital Metro service area for the purpose of preventing, protecting, mitigating, responding, and ensuring recovery from all man-made and natural hazards.
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
• Serve as the single point of contact for all Capital Metro Emergency Preparedness functions.
• Partner with all public safety agencies in the Capital Metro service area to coordinate emergency preparedness and emergency management operations.
• Prepare, train, and equip CMTA personnel to serve in the Austin-Travis County Emergency Operation Center (EOC).
• Respond to all EOC activations and serve as advisor to the assigned CMTA representative.
• Ensure training in Intermediate, Advanced, and Position Specific Incident Command System (ICS) courses to agency personnel as mandated by federal guidelines, as needed, and manages the related training records.
• Serves as the CMTA COOP Program Manager.
• Assist other CMTA departments in the development of Event Action Plans (EAPs) and Incident Action Plans (IAPs) for special events, special operations, and emergencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field of study. Relevant experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, up to four (4) years.
•Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Emergency Management based out of policy, public works department, broad-based management experience in transportation, or system emergency management, with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning.
•Three (3) years supervisory experience, including setting standards, making assignments, evaluating performance, and developing and disciplining employees.
•Minimum of one hundred (100) hours or more of Emergency Management Training attained within the last 5 years.
SALARY RANGE - 78,398.00 - 97,998.00 - ANNUALLY
For more information and to apply, visit: https://capmetro.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/125?c=capmetro