Why join us: Integral Care has proudly served Travis county residents for the past 50 years. As the largest provider of behavioral health services in Travis County, we are dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children living with mental illness, substance use disorder and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
By joining our team, you will find rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we can help improve the quality of life for the people we serve. Imagine your career at Integral Care!
Aetna Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
Generous vacation/holiday/sick leave
Life and Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
403(b) retirement account
401 (a) retirement account plus match
Gold's gym membership discount
Job Summary: This position is located in our Medication Services/Dispensary Unit. Pharmacy technicians are responsible for the following:
- Conduct drug inventories: ensure that drug information, such as drug's generic name, expiration dates, and lot numbers are properly recorded on labels and medication information databases.
- Prepare, receive and record drug deliveries to Integral Care.
- Enter client medication information and directions for use into several different databases.
- Receive medication orders from providers and prepare labels for medication distribution.
- Pull medications for review and inspection and labeling by pharmacists.
- Research and help resolve medication order problems, with medical providers, nursing and case managers.
- Be knowledgeable concerning additional client services throughout the center.
- Must have complete knowledge of all programs served and must verify client eligibility, including Medicare/Medicaid.
- Assist in the distribution of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NPR) and its inventory.
- Ensure that all Medication Management protocols for Joint Commission are understood and kept in compliance.
- Meets and/or exceeds employee performance standards including efficiency, accuracy percentage, and attendance expectations.
- Ability to multi-task, using multiple applications while serving clients.
Work is performed under moderate administrative supervision consisting of program goals, schedules, and broad guidance. The employee exercises independence in completing tasks in accordance with established procedures, referring disapproved medication requests to the pharmacists. Technical guidance, review and oversight is provided by the assigned pharmacist in that location. This position will be Crossed trained to work within the Patient Assistance program (PAP)
Ensure compliance of medication services/dispensary are in accordance with federal and state laws, including departmental rules, Texas State Board of Pharmacy regulations, ICF/MR regulations.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician in Texas
- Current and valid Texas driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in pharmacy technician work, plus one year of experience in a retail pharmacy or clinical environment
- Bilingual in Spanish
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Salary: $16.27 an hour.
Integral Care strives to maintain a diverse workforce. We encourage all to apply, including those who have knowledge and/or experience working with underserved populations, including Asian and Pacific Islander, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and LGBTQA communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.For specific positions, additional compensation may be available to those who are bilingual in both English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, or Burmese.