Why join us: Integral Care has proudly served Travis county residents for the past 50 years. As the largest provider of behavioral health services in Travis County, we are dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children living with mental illness, substance use disorder and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
By joining our team, you will find rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we can help improve the quality of life for the people we serve. Imagine your career at Integral Care!
Aetna Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
Generous vacation/holiday/sick leave
Life and Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
403(b) retirement account
401 (a) retirement account plus match
Gold's gym membership discount
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Job Summary: The Inn is a program for adults having a mental-health crisis. The Inn is a 16-bed overnight facility where a person can stay for up to 7 days. Services include help to regain stability, access to medicine, 24/7 nursing services, alcohol and drug use recovery support and mental health support groups. Clients are also connected to other Integral Care programs and local resources for ongoing care and recovery support.
If you are a motivated nurse with excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, compassion, and a good dose of teamwork, The Inn could be just what you are looking for in your career.
The LVN is an integral member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team, providing focused routine health care services, providing assistance to psychiatrist with reviews of medication and medical histories, implementing appropriate aspects of client care within the LVN's scope of practice, implementing the treatment plan for clients with common health problems and well defined learning needs, and interfacing with the medical community regarding medical issues pertaining to clients. At times, nurses will use their skills to respond to distressed patients in a way that promotes dignity and respect. The Inn nurses are trained in de-escalation techniques to help patients manage their challenging behaviors in a healthy and productive way. Nurses find The Inn to be a supportive work environment where their contributions are valued and a place where they know they make a difference.
Regular, predictable attendance is considered to be an essential requirement for this position. Other duties may be assigned. Occasionally, may require a flexible work schedule.
The Candidate we are looking for is:
- Energetic and motivated to work closely with a multi-disciplinary treatment team and vulnerable individuals in psychiatric crisis.
- A self-starter and enjoys having a career where no two days are the same.
- An effective communicator, with excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Organized and able to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and excels in documentation and time management.
- Timely and responds effectively to deadlines.
- Skilled in Microsoft office applications and can easily learn additional software skills.
- Most importantly, someone who is looking to make a difference in peoples' lives.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Education:
- Graduation from an accredited LVN program
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) License:
- Current LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) license
- Current and valid Texas driver's license and a clean driving record.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Experience:
- 1 year of experience providing direct care
- Experience with persons with substance abuse, mental illness, or intellectual/developmental disabilities
- 2 plus years of experience
Hours: Varies. Receives shift differential pay for evening and weekend shift.
Salary: $21.64 - $24.64 an hour depending on years of licensed experience. Receives shift differential.
Integral Care strives to maintain a diverse workforce. We encourage all to apply, including those who have knowledge and/or experience working with underserved populations, including Asian and Pacific Islander, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, and LGBTQA communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex or age.
For specific positions, additional compensation may be available to those who are bilingual in both English and one of the following languages: Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, or Burmese. (PM16)