Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, and overseeing all marketing and communications efforts across the organization to audiences including donors, volunteers, partners, and the general public. Areas of responsibility and oversight include: strategic planning, branding and messaging, digital and print marketing, fundraising campaigns, collateral design and creation, photography and video, media relations, and organizational storytelling. The Communications Manager works closely with senior management to ensure the success of strategic initiatives and the fulfillment of Caritas of Austin’s work and mission. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and provides supervision to the Marketing and Outreach Coordinator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Create and manage a comprehensive communications plan that aligns with Caritas of Austin’s organizational and fundraising goals.
- Develop talking points for CEO, Board of Directors, and other staff members for various public speaking opportunities.
- Ensure consistent and proper use of Caritas of Austin brand and messaging across all internal and external channels using the organizational brand guidelines.
- Position Caritas of Austin as a community leader in the work to prevent and end homelessness.
- Develop targeted messaging for various audiences including donors, volunteers, community partners, prospective supporters, city leaders, and the general Austin community.
- Manage various marketing vendor relationships including photography, videography, professional printing, advertising and marketing agency, mail houses, and website developer.
- Oversee all tracking and measurement for all marketing efforts.
- Develop creative concepts and messaging for all fundraising appeals, both print and digital, in collaboration with other Development team members.
- Provide strategy and oversight of quarterly print newsletter as an effective stewardship tool for donors and volunteers.
- Field all media requests; determine relevancy and appropriateness of Caritas of Austin response to requests.
- Proactively build media relationships and pitch stories to increase awareness of Caritas of Austin’s work and impact in the Austin community.
- Write stories in a variety of formats for different channels including, donor newsletters, Caritas of Austin blog, social media, website, and fundraising appeals.
- Provide guidance on all issues related to communications and marketing across the organization.
- Work closely with CEO and senior management on key communications issues and public response strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts, communication, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- 5 years of communications experience, preferable in the nonprofit field.
- Experience in media relations and crisis communications.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, social media, WordPress, and email marketing platforms.
- At least one year of management experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Base Salary Range: $59,000-$69,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here.