IT QA/QC Analyst II
We are looking for an energetic QA Analyst experienced in planning, organizing and leading large scale UAT test sessions. If you are comfortable speaking in front of large groups and skilled in the art of motivating folks to execute your perfect test plan, LCRA needs you. We are looking for a QA Analyst II that can ensure all our internal systems are thoroughly tested during maintenance, system upgrades and replacement. If you are looking for a challenging testing opportunity with dynamic projects that will keep you on your toes, we want to hear from you.
You will be trusted to:
- Document test requirements, plans, scripts, procedural documentation and other deliverables as required. Provides documentation and training materials as required.
- Ensure the complete integration, system, performance, acceptance and post-implementation acceptance testing of hardware and software applications deployed at LCRA.
- Maintains standard, written documentation for each QA/QC action regarding QA/QC deployment and test processes, including signoff checklists.
- Work with users and application, test and quality assurance analysts/developers to provide for timely release of new versions of applications and systems.
You qualify with:
- Six or more years of experience in IT quality assurance/quality control, software testing/production deployment, application administration or software/web development. A degree(s) in computer science, information technology or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
You are a great fit with:
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong public speaking experience and confidence
- Knowledge of web applications, API’s, databases, applications and cloud environments.
- Knowledge of computer hardware/software architectures including desktop workstation, network and client/server
- Knowledge of software development, testing and deployment standards and tools
- Knowledge of quality philosophies, principals, methods, tools, standards and ethics
- Knowledge of the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) concepts and practices
- Knowledge of project management methods and concepts
- Knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Skill in deriving requirements from use cases
- Skill in writing and reviewing well-formed requirements
- Skill in verifying and validating that the requirements support the stakeholders’ goals and objectives
- Skill in analyzing and solving complex problems
- Skill in verbal and written communication
- Skill in creating and delivering presentations
- Skill in articulating complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert skill level in office productivity applications (such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Intermediate skill in Windows (desktop and server) operating systems
- Skill in PeopleTools, JIRA, Jmeter, Jenkins, Zephyr, TestNG, Selenium, Eclipse IDE, JAVA, Python
- Ability to build relationships and foster teamwork
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.