Certified Surgical Technologist
We Are Hiring
Title: Certified Surgical Technologist CST
Positions available: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN
Multiple shifts available: Day Shift, Night Shift, and Rotating
Department: Surgical Services, Labor and Delivery
Ascension Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas & Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin are offering Specialty Based OR Team Model:
- Join our specialty-based OR model. We’re changing the way we staff the OR and invite experienced OR professionals like you to join our team.
- At Ascension, we’re creating focused OR teams emulating a specialty hospital experience. Our goals are simple: increased OR team satisfaction and improved clinical outcomes. The future of OR is here.
- Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
- Ascension Seton Medical Center Hays
- Ascension Seton Southwest
Location: Austin, TX, Kyle, TX
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.At Ascension Seton, we know where our true value lies. It’s not only the eleven-county area and more than 1.8 million people we serve. It’s in our associates. Including, possibly, you.We offer a Competitive Compensation / Excellent BenefitsWe are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
Facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.