Vehicle Maintenance Inspector
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
At CapMetro, we're serious about safety! Got an eye for detail with a passion for safety? This position will provide leadership within a team environment to achieve excellent maintenance of all buses for all Capital Metro customers. Oversee and maintain safe and scheduled inspection of bus maintenance.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor’s degree in automotive engineering, vehicle maintenance or related field. Related experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years.
• Five (5) years’ experience in bus or heavy vehicle maintenance repair including two (2) years at Capital Metro or another transit or fleet operation.
• Experience in bus or heavy vehicle inspection preferred and in operating various types of transit buses, performing visual and measured inspections on transit buses.
• A valid Class B CDL Texas Driver’s License with a P endorsement is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate transit buses in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to read and interpret technical information related to bus operations and maintenance, to troubleshoot and solve mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, to write objective reports based on observations and inspections,
• Knowledge of transit bus technical systems and of transit and manufacturing safety rules.
• Knowledge of MS Office using the Outlook, Word, Excel and other necessary applications.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills and ability to give construction feedback to mechanics, service and clearing employees and to maintain relations with vendors.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristics as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
For more information and to apply, visit: