GAACC is looking for a motivated individual to join our team to coordinate our education initiative. Educating the Asian Pacific American (APA) business community is one of our three basic initiatives (advocacy and connection are the other two).
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing this initiative. Our current programs include our business talks, minority business certification and contracting workshops, and grant requirements. Currently, our major grant is with the City of Austin which has several small business deliverables including joint events with our minority chamber partners, panels, ietc. We may also be awarded other grants for specific small business events.
The coordinator will provide current and potential members with business technical assistance and referrals as needed, particularly new or immigrant APA entrepreneurs, and connect them to resources to help them be successful.
The coordinator is also responsible for the conference planned for 2021, working together with the event planner and the planning committee for this event.
- People smarts and multicultural competency as we interact with many stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be open to being trained and follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to support APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer skills, MS Office, Google, Wix and ability to learn our database
- Be able to work some evenings and a few Saturdays
- Asian cultural competency
- Korean, any South or Southeast Asian language skills are highly valued
- Reliable transportation is required for this work
This is a full time positions and benefits include health coverage, paid time off, and reimbursement for mileage for work trips. This is a high performing organization with excellent opportunities to learn and grow and exposure to leaders in the APA community.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations (required) to Yishan Persyn. We will contact qualified applicants for an initial phone interview, shortlisted candidates will be invited to an in-person meeting, followed by a final interview with board members.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.