GAACC is looking to fill two positions to complete our team, described in detail below. Both positions require knowledge of Asian Pacific American (APA) communities and familiarity with Asian cultures. These are full time position that require some evening obligations. Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills. We provide paid time off, full health insurance coverage, mileage reimbursement, flexible work conditions, and growth opportunities while serving the APA community.
- People smarts, we interact with many different stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be trainable and able to follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to make a difference to APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer skills, MS Office, Google
- Work hours, some events are in the evening and possibly a few Saturdays
- Ability to speak an Asian language is highly valued, particularly Korean, South or Southeast Asian dialects
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position you are interested in, with salary expectations with comparative analysis to ypersyn@AustinAsianChamber.org and qualified applicants will be contacted for an initial phone interview. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom interview and final candidates to an in-person interview.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Member & External Relations Coordinator
GAACC is looking for a motivated and outgoing individual to manage our member experience and all our external activities.
The coordinator maintains the member database so that it is accurate which requires attention to detail and comfort with technology. The coordinator executes member programs such as the women’s club, ambassadors, discounts; plans member events such as orientations and ribbon cuttings; and engages with members throughout the year to ensure membership recognition and use of their member benefits according to each membership level.
This is a crucial position as our primary focus is to serve our members. The coordinator must have a true desire to do so. This requires a genuine curiosity about our members and interest to learn about their needs.
Additionally, the coordinator will serve as our external relations liaison, engaging with the larger community of both APA and mainstream organizations. The coordinator will professionally represent GAACC to the public for membership and/or partnership on events or programs. This requires a detailed knowledge of GAACC's current initiatives and an ability to envision mutually beneficial solutions.
- Execute membership recruitment tactics
- Process new members, send welcome, connect to ambassador if appropriate
- Process renewals at year-end, send invoices, follow up
- Maintain membership database and update relevant portions of the website
- Manage ambassadors and vendors that provide discount perks (annually at year-end)
- Plan and host member events
- Support membership committee
- Manage all outreach projects
- Engage with community
- Other as assigned
Communications & Policy Coordinator
GAACC is looking for a motivated individual to manage community engagement programs and initiatives. This includes our marketing, communications, and all our policy initiatives.
Our current marketing consists of newsletter and weekly emails, websites, social media, targeted partnerships with other APA organizations, press releases, and engagement of mainstream media as appropriate. The coordinator will execute our communication activities including reviewing all external messages, and managing any ad hoc projects or fundraising campaigns.
GAACC will be undertaking some rebranding and new outreach efforts such as an annual report on the APA community, and an Asians of Austin story campaign. The coordinator will manage both these projects and all other outward-facing initiatives.
GAACC advocates for our members, APA businesses in Central Texas, and the APA community in general. The coordinator works with the Policy Committee to research and recommend policy positions that GAACC should consider taking with our established protocol and communicating to our members on these decisions. The coordinator will also oversee the planning of any policy-related events such as our APA Day at the Capitol etc.
The coordinator must have a true desire to let our members have a voice. This requires knowledge of their needs. Attention to ordinances or policies that affect business and the APA community is also crucial in order to advocate for an environment that supports member success.
- Draft and send all external communications
- Maintain/update all GAACC websites
- Manage social media marketing
- Support any committees formed for these initiatives
- Plan and host policy events
- Oversee policy initiatives
- Support policy committee
- Other as assigned