GAACC is looking to fill the positions described in detail below. These positions require knowledge of Asian Pacific American (APA) communities and familiarity with Asian cultures. These are full-time positions that require some evening obligations. Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills. We provide paid time off, full health insurance coverage, mileage reimbursement, flexible work conditions, and growth opportunities while serving the APA community.
- People smarts, we interact with many different stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be trainable and able to follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to make a difference to APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Technology skills, Google Suites, Zoom, Notion
- Work hours, some events are in the evening and possibly a few Saturdays
- Ability to speak an Asian language is highly valued
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position you are interested in, with salary expectations to career@AustinAsianChamber.org and qualified applicants will be contacted for an initial phone interview. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom interview and final candidates to a final interview.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Member Relations Coordinator
GAACC is looking for a motivated and outgoing individual to manage our member experience and all our all external activities.
The coordinator maintains the member database so that it is accurate which requires attention to detail and comfort with technology. The coordinator executes member programs such as the women’s club, ambassadors, discounts; plans member events such as orientations and ribbon cuttings; and engages with members throughout the year to ensure membership recognition and use of their member benefits according to each membership level.
This is a crucial position as our primary focus is to serve our members. The coordinator must have a true desire to do so. This requires a genuine curiosity about our members and interest to learn about their needs.
Additionally, the coordinator will serve as our external relations liaison, engaging with the larger community of both APA and mainstream organizations. The coordinator will professionally represent GAACC to the public for membership and/or partnership on events or programs. This requires a detailed knowledge of GAACC's current initiatives and an ability to envision mutually beneficial solutions.
- Execute membership recruitment tactics
- Process new members, send welcome, connect to ambassador if appropriate
- Process renewals at year-end, send invoices, follow up
- Maintain membership database and update relevant portions of the website
- Manage ambassadors and vendors that provide discount perks (annually at year-end)
- Plan and host member events, major Chamber events
- Support membership committee
- Manage all outreach projects and member programs
- Engage with community
- Other as assigned
Program & Events Coordinator
GAACC is looking for a motivated individual to join our team to manage our education programs and our chamber special events. The purpose of our program initiatives is to educate, connect, and advocate for the Asian Pacific American (APA) business community.
The Program & Events Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing chamber programs and events initiatives. Our current programs include our educational webinars, minority business certification and contracting info sessions (CapMetro, MECA), and other grant requirements. Currently, our major grant is with the City of Austin which has several small business deliverables including joint events with other minority chambers. We may also be awarded other grants for specific small business events. Past event fundraising experience is highly valued.
The coordinator will provide current and potential members with business technical assistance as needed, particularly new or immigrant APA entrepreneurs, and connect them to resources to help them be successful.
Our Chamber events provide important opportunities for members to build relationships and knowledge. These include our networking events, and major events: Ovation Gala, Fall Classic golf tournament, Asian Restaurant Week, Conference and others. The Program & Events Coordinator will work with the planning committees on these events.
- Plan and execute chamber program initiatives, include referrals, technical assistance
- Plan and execute external events, such as CapMetro, MECA events
- Plan, manage and execute chamber special events, such as Ovation(gala), Golf Tournament, Asian Restaurant Week, etc
- Plan and host educational webinars, advisory board receptions
- Support and participate in event planning committees
- Manage all assigned projects and member programs
- Engage and maintain good relationships with local, state departments, other community organizations
- Attend external meetings as needed
- Other as assigned