GAACC is looking to fill the positions described in detail below. These positions require knowledge of Asian Pacific American (APA) communities and familiarity with Asian cultures. These are full-time positions that require some evening obligations. Compensation is commensurate with experience and skills. We provide paid time off, full health insurance coverage, mileage reimbursement, flexible work conditions, and growth opportunities while serving the APA community.
- People smarts, we interact with many different stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be trainable and able to follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to make a difference to APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Technology skills, Google Suites, Zoom, Notion
- Work hours, some events are in the evening and possibly a few Saturdays
- Ability to speak an Asian language is highly valued
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating the position you are interested in, with salary expectations, and relevant work samples to career@AustinAsianChamber.org and qualified applicants will be contacted for an initial phone interview. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a Zoom interview and final candidates to a final interview. Application without the above mentioned requirement will not be considered.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Member Relations Specialist
GAACC is looking for an enthusiastic, people-first, multi-tasking individual to manage our member experience and all our all external activities.
Under minimal supervision, this position's primary duty is being the main point of contact between the Chamber and both members and potentials members. They must also recruit Chamber membership investments to prospective non-member businesses, organizations, and individuals by communicating the benefits of the Chamber and providing detailed information on various programs offered through the Chamber, and orienting the members to the Chamber. This position reports directly to and works under the direction of the CEO.
The specialist maintains the member database so that it is accurate which requires attention to detail and comfort with technology. The specialist executes member programs such as the women’s club, ambassadors, discounts; plans member events such as orientations and ribbon cuttings; and engages with members throughout the year to ensure membership recognition and use of their member benefits according to each membership level.
Additionally, the specialist will serve as our external relations liaison, engaging with the larger community of both APA and mainstream organizations. The specialist will professionally represent GAACC to the public for membership and/or partnership on events or programs. This requires detailed knowledge of GAACC's current initiatives and an ability to envision mutually beneficial solutions.
This is a crucial position as our primary focus is to serve our members. The coordinator must have a true desire to do so. This requires genuine curiosity about our members and interest to learn about their needs.
- Monitor and respond to all incoming membership correspondence through phone, mail, or email in a timely manner
- Be the main point of contact between members and the Chamber.
- Prospect and recruit Chamber memberships and corporate sponsorships to local businesses and organizations
- Maintain a monthly log of contacts and potential members, to be provided to the CEO prior to monthly Executive Board meetings
- Responsible for meeting and supporting our Ambassadors and Membership Committees regularly
- Promptly and effectively respond to prospects inquiring about membership in the Chamber
- Attend relevant Chamber functions and other functions and meetings specifically requested by the CEO for the purpose of networking and recruiting
- Assist in planning and hosting member events and major Chamber events
- Participate as an active member of the Chamber staff, which is a positive and dynamic team dedicated to exceeding customer expectations
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, possess excellent time management skills, and be comfortable dealing with a broad spectrum of business industries and people
- Able to succeed with little supervision
- Ability to prospect new businesses and to upgrade and recruit members
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous membership experience and knowledge of the Austin Asian community is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior level executives