State of the Chamber: Serve Local. Think Global.
What's ahead in 2023 for GAACC, our Central Texas AAPI communities, and Austin's business economy? Join us on February 28 at Austin Energy Headquarters to find out while meeting with some of our region's brightest leaders and influencers.
This FREE event will include:
- Exclusive updates on Austin's economic outlook
- Introduction of GAACC's new Board Chair, Interim CEO, and 2023 strategic goals
- Advocacy updates
- Networking opportunities with Central Texas leaders
- Free food and drink
You do not need to be a GAACC member to join us.
5:00 PM | Check-in and Networking
5:30 PM | GAACC Welcome
5:45 PM | City of Austin Update
5:50 PM | Austin Economic Outlook for 2023
5:55 PM | Introduction of new Board Chair and Strategic Goals for 2023
6:00 PM | GAACC Membership Programs for 2023
6:05 PM | Closing Remarks
6:15 PM | Networking
Know Before You Go
- Garage parking at Austin Energy is limited, but may be available depending on the time of your arrival. Use the Austin Energy parking garage entrance on Garcia Street and, upon entry, find spaces marked "Visitor Parking" on the left (click HERE for map).
- Street parking is available in the area near the building. Fees may apply.
- A public parking garage is located three blocks away (enter on Robert Browning Street or McBee Street - click HERE for map - fees apply).
- Dress code for this event is business casual.
- There will be plenty of opportunity for networking. Bring your business cards!
Zohaib “Zo” Qadri
Austin City Council Member
Zohaib “Zo” Qadri was elected to represent District 9 in 2022. He proudly represents the neighborhoods of Downtown, Rainey St., Old West Austin, West Campus, Hyde Park, Travis Heights, Bouldin Creek, Mueller, Cherrywood, and more. Zo is eager to tackle Austin’s housing crisis, to fight for an expanded and equitable transit system, and to protect and uplift our most vulnerable citizens. Zo firmly believes that everyone deserves a voice and access to the abundance of opportunities in our beautiful city.
Kenneth Yu is a Managing Director with Accenture's Strategy and Consulting practice. He leads a team that helps the largest financial services organizations modernize their data, technology, and advanced analytic capabilities. Kenneth has been a regular speaker at industry conferences and educational workshops, and his authored articles have appeared in industry journals. He has been interviewed by media outlets such as Bloomberg Radio, American Banker, and Bank Systems and Technology. Kenneth graduated from Columbia University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
Thank you to Austin Energy for providing their beautiful venue for this event. Austin Energy is more than just an electric utility. As a community-owned utility, Austin Energy is a not-for-profit enterprise of the City of Austin working to meet and exceed the needs of those they serve.
We are excited to be joined at this event by these companies who will be on hand to create productive and beneficial relationships with our business community.
City of Austin Small Business Division
TruistState of the Chamber: Serve Local. Th...
Date and Time
Tuesday Feb 28, 2023
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM CST
Mueller Assembly Room
This is a free event. Thank you to our sponsors for making it possible for us to provide free admission to the public.
Mark Hanson, GAACC Operations Manager