Come learn the common components of a typical commercial lease beyond the rent: permitted use, improvements, signs, assignment and subleases, and costs such as insurance, property taxes, maintenance, utilities and common area costs, and more.
Our speaker is Sade Ogunbode. Sade has been licensed to practice law since 2010 and was past chair of the Solo/Small Firm section of the Austin Bar Association and helped launch and co-chair the Austin Bar Mentoring Program between 2011 and 2015. She is also a 2015 graduate of the Austin Bar Leadership Academy.
Sade will also cover typical issues business owners face including:
- Improvements/alterations without landlord’s approval
- Restoration to the original state upon termination of lease
- Assignment of lease to a buyer when selling the business
- Tenant liability on the lease after selling the business
- Responsibility for major repairs
- Restrictions on business signs and their location
This event is presented in partnership with AARC. This workshop is free and opens to the public but please RSVP to save your spot.