This is GAACC's minority/women business enterprise (MBE) program and it is partially funded by a grant from the US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce and Wells Fargo. Public agencies and corporations depend on GAACC for referrals to APA and woman-owned small businesses in order to fulfill contracts through their MBE, HUB or supplier diversity programs. If you would like more information or need assistance with getting certified, please contact Yishan Persyn or at 512-407-8240.
Many small businesses don’t know that organizations that sell products to the federal government are required by law to ensure that businesses representative of the population as a whole have opportunities to bid on federal contracts. This is also true for the State of Texas, City of Austin, public organizations such as school districts, etc.
To help connect MBEs with buyers from public agencies, corporations and prime contractors, GAACC hosts Connect Forum every quarter. We get these buyers to attend as vendors and provide information about current and upcoming projects. Attendees then have the opportunity to meet with each vendor at their table on a one on one basis. We also offer a certification workshop as part of the event to help MBEs get credentialed.
- Learn how to gain access to local, state and federal contracts through MBE, Historically Underutilized Business (HUB), and other certifications.
- Meet with corporate supplier diversity officials to identify what the corporation is buying, when, and how to become listed as a diverse supplier.
- Gain advice and mentoring informally through other GAACC members.
- Take advantage of free notarizations for HUB applications.
Below are links to public agency diversity procurement programs:
- City of Austin Small & Minority Business Resources (SMBR) Department
- Travis County Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program
- Travis County Purchasing Department Payment Process video series
- State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program
- Small Business Administration HUBZone Program
- Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program
- Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency
Other certification organizations include the Southwest Minority Supplier Business Development Council, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, and the National Minority Supplier Development Council.