The 2020 Census count is here! This data collected is so important as it determines voting districts, federal funding for schools, infrastructure, social services and every person living in the US (all status, even foreign nationals temporarily working here) is required by law to complete the Census. The less federal funding we receive, the more taxes we will have to raise locally.
Asian Pacific Americans have historically under-completed the Census for a variety of reasons (fear, awareness and language barriers) which diminishes our voice and influence, so GAACC is making this a priority to get everyone of our community counted.
- Mar 12 - 20 Invitations to complete census online mailed
- Mar 16 - 24 Reminder letters mailed
- Mar 26 - Apr 3 Reminder postcard mailed
- Apr 1 Census Day: the count is of how many people there are on this day
- Apr 8 - 16 Hard copy of questionnaire if you haven't responded, mailed
- Apr 20 - 27 Final postcards mailed
- In person follow ups will begin
- Austin Asian Complete Count Committee website
- Austin Travis County census website
- Census Factsheets and resources in 16 Asian languages
- AAJC Count on Your Census Podcast and Why it Matters to AAPI Communities
- Asian Language Census PSA Videos