Asian/APA owned businesses outpaced the growth of all other businesses in the Austin-Round Rock MSA from 2007-2012 growing at the rate of 44% over that 5 year period. There are currently over 10,500 APA businesses which represents 5.8% of the total number. However these firms generate over $3.6 billion in annual sales which is 15% of all business revenues (2012 Survey of Business Owners). Based on this growth rate, we expect to have 22,000 APA businesses in 2022.
As of September 2016, APAs are the second largest minority group in Austin making up 7.5% of the city's population. We are the fastest growing racial group, doubling every 11-12 years. This is generally a highly educated and affluent group that tends to be loyal, lifelong consumers. Businesses who make an effort to connect with APAs culturally and linguistically can make an impact on selling to this community.
Why Join GAACC?
- Free or discounted admission to our events; networking mixers, Ovation, Fall Classic
- Discounts to select products and service providers
- Access to civic and business leaders
- Leadership opportunities
- Invitations to meet international delegations
- Promotion of your business by GAACC (newsletter, social media, direct referrals)
- F&B businesses get free listing on AsianEatsATX.org
Chamber membership is based on employee size and runs on the calendar year. If you join in the last quarter of any year, your receive membership through the end of the following year. If you join after January, your dues are prorated according to the month that you sign up.
- Large Business, 101+ employees, annual dues $1,000
- Medium Business, 51-100 employees, annual dues $500
- Small Business, 11-50 employees, annual dues $350
- Public Organizations (government agencies, ISDs, publicly funded/large non-profits with more than 10 employees), annual dues $500
- Entrepreneur/Professionals, 1-10 employees (including self), annual dues $150
- Community Based Non-profit (up to 10 employees) & Student Organizations, annual dues $150
- Student enrolled in a local university or college, annual dues $25