GAACC is looking for a motivated self starter to join our team to plan our events. Our events provide important opportunities for building relationships and knowledge. These include our regular networking mixers, Asia House, member events such as the annual member meeting, holiday social, women's club luncheons, and orientations. The event planner is also responsible for working with our planning committees on our major events: Asian Eats night market, annual gala Ovation, Fall Classic golf tournament.
- People smarts and multicultural competency as we interact with many stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be open to learning and able to follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to make a difference to APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer skills, MS Office, Google, ability to learn to use our database
- Work hours, some events are in the evening and a few Saturdays
- Asian cultural competency (on food particularly) and language ability highly valued
- Reliable transportation is required for this work
This is a full time positions and benefits include health coverage, paid time off, and reimbursement for mileage for work trips. However, we are open to considering more independent arrangements with qualified candidates who have demonstrated experience to deliver results. This is a high performing organization with excellent opportunities to learn and grow and exposure to leaders in the APA community.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations (required) to Diana Nguyen. We will contact qualified applicants for an initial interview and invite shortlisted candidates for an in-person meeting.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.