GAACC is looking for a motivated individual to join our team to plan, manage and implement our education initiative. Educating the Asian Pacific American (APA) business community is one of our three basic initiatives, (advocacy and connection are the others) and most directly impacts APA entrepreneurs.
Our current programs include our business talks, minority business certification and contracting workshops, leadership/mentor program, and grant requirements. The manager will manage our grant with the City of Austin which has several small business deliverables including joint events with our minority chamber partners and meetings with city staff. We may also be awarded other grants for specific small business programs (example pitch competition). The manager will work with the programs committee to grow this initiative in the future.
The manager will provide current and potential members with business technical assistance as needed, particularly new or immigrant APA entrepreneurs, and connect them to resources to help them be successful.
The manager will support the CEO in overseeing the office operations, staff recruitment, and with board events such as board meetings and retreats, and be willing to play a crucial role to ensure the success of GAACC.
- People smarts and multicultural competency as we interact with many stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be open to learning and able to follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to support APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer skills, MS Office, Google, Wix and ability to learn our database
- Be able to work some evenings and a few Saturdays
- Asian cultural competency and language ability highly valued
- Reliable transportation is required for this work
This is a full time positions and benefits include health coverage, paid time off, and reimbursement for mileage for work trips. This is a high performing organization with excellent opportunities to learn and grow and exposure to leaders in the APA community.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations (required) to Diana Nguyen. We will contact qualified applicants for an initial phone interview, shortlisted candidates will be invited to an in-person meeting, followed by a final interview with board members.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.