Entrepreneur Program Coordinator
GAACC is looking for a motivated individual to join our team to manage our entrepreneur program. Educating the Asian Pacific American business community is one of our fundamental initiatives. We also receive funding from the City of Austin to play this role.
The coordinator is responsible for implementing this program. This includes organizing our business workshops, minority business certification and contracting sessions, working with our minority chamber partners on joint events, and completing other business deliverables in our grant with the City of Austin, which includes sharing city resources and regulations, report writing, and referrals to their loan programs and peer panels. The coordinator also manages our micro-entrepreneur program with under-served immigrant communities, and other duties as assigned.
- Friendly personality and people smarts, we interact with many stakeholders
- Planning and organizational abilities, attention to detail and follow up is a must
- Learning attitude, must be trainable and able to follow our policies and procedures
- Service focus, we are here to make a difference to APA businesses
- Ability to juggle, we work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer skills, MS Office, Google
- Wordpress and database experience helpful
- Work hours, some events are in the evening and a few Saturdays
- Asian language ability highly valued (particularly Korean, Mandarin, Burmese, Lao, or Cambodian)
This is a full-time entry level position, although experienced candidates are welcome to apply. Salary starts in mid to upper $30K depending on skills and relevant experience. Benefits include health coverage, paid time off, and reimbursement for mileage. You will get to work in a high performing organization, excellent opportunities to learn and grow, and have great exposure to leaders in the APA community.
Ability to follow instructions begins here. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter Diana Nguyen We will contact qualified applicants for an initial interview and invite shortlisted candidates for an in-person meeting.
GAACC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.